Thursday 18 August 2011

another day

Crap! I just typed this entire thing and went out without saving! Oh well, I guess that wasn't meant to be...

So right now I'm sitting with Shauna. With her blood pressure that sky rocketed tonight and heart rate beyond its norm. But she's better now. Phew is all I can say. Okay, back to business...

So last night, Shauna got very sick. We sat with her for a bit. With her chest tightening like that we really don't like taking risks but the pump seems to be working well today. We really hoping the pump can be removed tomorrow or Saturday. We need Shauna's chest to clear up as soon as possible. Dr Elche is planning on proceeding with surgery Monday morning.

On a cuter note... :-) Shauna and Dr Elche got to spend some quality time today. He gave some of the doctors off for the day, the only running shift was tonight's... Hhhmmm he's whipped. At least that's what I think. When I got in on this shift, he and Shauna were sitting up and holding hands (thinking about it, I should have stolen a picture) and her head was on his shoulder... So cute. If I was straight... No comment.

Somehow I see it now, that shimmer of hope in her eyes. Like she doesn't care, because she believes that it will happen, that things will really be okay. I don't know how, and I certainly don't understand why, but its got me believing too. She' far to amazing a person to die. To me, if the world loses her, it loses hope. It loses a superhero.

Thanks Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment