Monday 10 October 2011

family

I should slap my internet connection! I updated the blog last night and guess what happened?! It shut out just when I clicked on "publish post"! Okay, so I'll try and piece together everything I did last night and do this again...

To start us off, I have a quote from the 1978 Superman movie. Its when Clark (Superman) and his biological father talk inside the fortress of solitude:

Young Clark Kent: Who am I?

Jor-El: Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human, you are not one of them. You have great powers, only some of which you have as yet discovered.

So yesterday Shauna's family gathered at her bedside. They had been planning a family visit for a while, but because they have so many issues they've delayed it. Since Shauna lost her memory, they've been pushing harder for this visit. So this happened yesterday. It was quiet at first and then discussions boiled about a family gathering. At first Shauna hardly paid note, her brother was there talking to me and she was distracting herself. James was in the room too, observing just in case it became too much for her. He noticed her pale disoriented look at some point and asked if she was okay and of course her reply was "I'm fine, no need to worry" yeah, who expected that?

As their arguing and bitching got more Shauna rolled over into a fit! James immediately reacted, called a distress for a nurse and Dr Adams. And shoved everyone out of the room. All that I could do was sit with her sister and hold her hand. Shauna's brother, sister, myself and her mother were all quiet. But the others had cause to talk utter shit! Judging the relationship Shauna and James has as if it was up for discussion and then talking about Shauna dying. Do these people evern have fucking hearts?! Seriously! I should beat the living crap out of them and I swear if I didn't respect Shauna's mother I would have killed them all!

When James walked out, they all got up ready to torment her again and then James spoke to them "until you all learn to respect Shauna enough to put your bullshit aside and be her family only immediate family are allowed in the room" and we "immediate family" went. Before going in I stopped James, asked what was wrong and he said that Shauna went into a panic fit and her blood pressure and heart rate was sky high (I can't remember the figures) and when I got back into the room Dr Adams was busy doing her checks again and she was asleep.

I have spoken to James again this morning and he said that she's doing okay, resting still and threw up a bit but she's doing much better.

I need to go for now, I'll be getting test results later and post them.

Thanks for reading.

alex

No comments:

Post a Comment